What are keywords?
Keywords are a special group of words that describe your picture and help people find it. Keywords are how Photomight categorizes images and allows people to search for images based on a specific subject.
How should I use keywords?
Keywords should include the subject of the photograph as well as any other notable characteristics. Each picture on Photomight can include 30 keywords. The more accurate keywords you include the easier it is for people to find you picture. Here's an example:
Keywords: fall, orange, leaves, road, trees, bright colors, woods, plants, dirt road, nature, leaf, yellow, red, path
A few accurate keywords are better than several inaccurate keywords.
Tips for using keywords
- - Add keywords about objects you see in the picture
- - Add keywords that people would think to search to find your picture
- - Add keywords that describe where the image was taken (eg. "Montana" or "Yosemite")
- - Add keywords that describe people's emotions in a picture (eg. "happy" or "disappointed")
- - Add similar words/synonyms for you keywords (eg. “rock” and “stone”)
- - Add specific as well as broad descriptions (eg. “squirrel,” “rodent,” “animal”)
- - Don’t add irrelevant keywords (eg. “rock” or “sky” for the picture above)
- - Don't add vague keywords (eg. "picture" or "place")
Hopefully this gave you a good understanding of how keywords work on Photomight. If you still have questions don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] Happy picture taking!